Coachella 2013′s advanced ticket sale came and went today without yours truly securing tickets. The advanced tickets for Weekend 1 sold out before my lunch break. Weekend 2 didn’t last much longer.
You won’t catch me crying about not having tickets. Not yet, at least.
1) My wallet is fatter. The pre-sale weekend passes were $349 – a $34 increase from last year. Sure, the advance tickets can be paid off using a payment plan but that’s still a lot of cheese. Plus, I just dropped serious coin on plane tickets, hotels, food, and merchandise associated with Coachella 2012.
2) I am still buzzing off Coachella 2012′s vibes. The music, food, mountains, Kerry Jean, everything. OK, maybe not the triple-digit heat. I encourage you to check out my Coachella 2012 coverage.
3) The Coachella 2013 lineup isn’t out. It won’t be out for another eight months. It’s Coachella, so I wouldn’t bet on anything less than an extraordinary lineup, but you just never know.
4) More tickets will be available … eventually. The general sale will happen after the lineup is released. That’s a double-edged sword. A sick lineup means massive demand. And, like I mentioned in Note “C”, Coachella will have a sick lineup. At least it better for $349, or whatever the general prices are.
5) I received my Lollapalooza 2012 wristband in the mail today. Chicago, here I come! PS: Here are the 10 bands I am most excited about seeing at Lollapalooza.